School Mission Awareness Campaign
Our goal is to help raise awareness among our children and young people about our mission communities within Canada. We hope to expand the program and ask for the support of Catholic schools from across Canada.
A Learning Opportunity for Canadian Students
- Students will learn the vastness of the mission communities across Canada
- Students will have the opportunity to compare their own parish community to one in a mission parish
- Students will gain knowledge of the Canadian geography and distances from mission to mission as they map out travel time for a missionary
- Students will study the History of the Grey Nuns of Montreal
- Missionaries will come and speak to the students about their experiences
These are just some examples of the learning opportunities available to students.
Missionary Visits: Class Participation
Following the success of last year, Catholic Missions In Canada will have missionaries available to come into schools
With advance notice we may be able to arrange dates if you would like a missionary presentation or a school Mass for the missions
The material is available for your use at your convenience or whenever it works best for you
Awareness vs Funding
We are a fundraising organization and therefore never refuse funds for the missions. Nevertheless, the Mission Awareness Campaign's main objective is to raise the level of awareness and understanding about Canada's mission communities.
If you are a school or a youth group, the funds would be applied to the needs of the children and youth in the missions. These needs may vary from one area to the next.
Thank you to the following schools that participated this year:
- St. Maria Goretti Elementary School, Toronto, Ontario
- Stella Maris School, Toronto, Ontario
- St. Raymond's Elementary School, Mississauga, Ontario
- Notre Dame High School, Calgary, Alberta
- St. Mary's Catholic High School, Toronto, Ontario
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com
Voice (416) 934 - 3424
Toll Free 1 (866) YES-CMIC (937 - 2642)
Fax (416) 934 - 3425
We are pleased to present Teaching Modules for both Elementary and Secondary Schools that teach our children about Catholic missionaries working throughout Canada.